Followers

Monday, August 27, 2012

Labrador walk

Today I went for a walk, by myself ostensibly. I ended up being followed by Cujo, a beautiful black Lab. After finally getting him back to his owner I finished my walk to Starbucks, 2.2 miles in 35 minutes carrying a 15 lb pack. After doing some writing and Facebooking at Starbucks I walked back home in 33 minutes. Why did I walk and not run? Not sure. I enjoy walking, but I worry that I am not running enough. Enough for what? Not sure about that either. I know that if I ever want to do a marathon I am going to have to pick up the miles. But I am afraid that if I start putting in more miles, I may have to cut back on my Spinning, swimming etc. Certainly I can't dream of a 50K trail race or an Olympic triathlon unless I kick it into another gear. But I'm 66, what can I expect?

2 comments:

  1. I've let my exercise slack somewhat in the past several months, and I'm currently working on rebuilding my program. Reading your blogs really inspires me! Thanks Chuck...I'm proud of you and your determination to be active and totally enjoy it! Keep on keepin' on ;-)
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's why I have stayed out of the gym.....it's so hard though! Especially now that jo goes to school 3 days a week...i catch myself thinking, hey I should go to the gym! It's easier to take two kids than three and I'm already out of the house.... I just don't want my training to suffer..

    ReplyDelete