Followers

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Yoga and a run

Did my weekly Wednesday yoga class this morning with Lauren. I felt pretty strong during this class except that just overall muscle soreness made it uncomfortable on some of the bending over poses. I was able to get Lauren to help me after class figure out what I was doing wrong on triangle pose. I was having a difficult time transferring my weight to my back foot, she fixed it. Tonight I felt the need for some good cardio. After trying to decide between a Spin class or going for a run I decided, hey I'm a runner, running is what I do. So off I went on a 4.4 mile run. Except I took a wrong turn and ended up doing 5.5 miles instead. It was good though. Ran some pole to pole surges along White Lane and worked at keeping my pace faster than my normal. Overall pace was 10:27. I was disappointed, I really felt faster than that. That's ok, the main thing is to put in the miles. But I would like to learn to run faster. If I could get under 10 min pace for 5 miles I would be happy with that. It's been a long time since I have been able to run 10K under an hour

No comments:

Post a Comment