Followers

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Not really a triathlon

Although I did sorta do all three disciplines. OK Chuck, explain. I started with a great Spin class with Condy. This is one class I do during the week that I least like to miss. Condy is high energy and leads a really challenging ride week after week. Today I only totalled 45 minutes, 15.3 miles. Usually if I am doing only Spin I will stay on the bike and try to get 1 hour or 20 miles whichever comes first.
Off the bike and to the pool. I did it a little differently than what I usually do. I usually just swim 500 or 750 meters and call it good. Today I wanted to try some aqua jogging. So what I did was do a 250 meter swim followed by 250 meters of aqua jogging. I did 4 rounds of each giving me 1000 meters of swimming and 1000 meters of pool running. This took me about 55 minutes. So total of about 1 hr 40 minutes, about what it takes me to do my weekly triathlon when I count in the transition times.
I feel like I got a great overall workout with these activities today. I really want to keep including the pool running a part of my regular swim days. Although aqua jogging is used primarily for keeping in condition while recovering from an injury I think it can be an important part of any training plan. I will do a little more research and maybe do a post just on pool running, or aqua jogging.

No comments:

Post a Comment