Followers

Friday, September 14, 2012

789 ft of elevation gain and 100°........

came in to play on my 5.4 mile run. Best I could do was 1:06:27 for the 5.4 mile run, but when you consider the hills and the temperature that really wasn't so bad. I felt really strong and didn't do any walking, other than short stints while taking a drink of water. I started from the ranch gate on Stagecoach Rd. This course heads up hill right from the start. 1/2 mile to the top of Stagecoach Rd then left on to High Ridge Rd for another 1/4 mile before it finally levels out a bit. From there it is 3/4 mile of up and down sections to the end of High Ridge. Returning the 3/4 mile to Stagecoach Rd I go left where I get a steep downhill for about 1/2 mile, then rolling ups and downs along Windmill Rd to a 1/4 mile ascent to the turn-around at Thistle Rd. Then repeat the rolling ups and downs, the 1/2 mile ascent up Stagecoach Rd then downhill 1/2 mile and back to the ranch. I love running these hills. And if I want to do a longer run I have several choices that can include some of these hills as well as some beautiful narrow roads winding through the vineyards and the cattle ranches. A little slice of heaven right here in Central California

No comments:

Post a Comment