Followers

Saturday, September 8, 2012

I think I overdid......

it a little bit today. I went out to do 11 miles and it was only 76° so I thought it would be perfect day for a long run. By the time I got to around 7 miles it had gotten quite a bit warmer and I was really getting tired. I started doing 2 min run/1 min walk and I was drinking a lot of water but it was just HARD. At about 9 miles my left knee suddenly started acting up and it became really difficult to even walk on it, so I called my wife and had her pick me up at mile 10. I wonder if I should just give up my long runs completely. I still haven't run a marathon, which is something I have always wanted to do, but maybe releasing myself from that goal would not be a bad thing. I would still run of course, I don't think I could ever give it up completely. I have a lot of thinking to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment