Followers

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Running with a dog....

is different. You can't run as fast because you have to be aware at all times of where the dog is. Willow is really good at staying right by my side and not trying to pull or lag behind. But she stays so close to me that I have to be careful she doesn't trip me up. She is a real joy to run with though. She seems tireless, she could probably do much longer runs. I took water and offered it to her a couple of times, but she didn't want any she just wanted to keep going. Lot's of other dogs along the way greeted us as we ran by and though she turned her head and looked their way, she did not try to pull over to them. She was interested in the deer that ran across the road in a couple of places but again she stayed mostly focused on continuing her forward progress, much to my delight. Of course my time was slower than normal, but that is ok - it was all about putting in the miles and having a great time with my canine friend Willow

No comments:

Post a Comment