Followers

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Cool running along the bluffs......

north of Cayucos is such a change from running the streets of Bakersfield. The morning was cool as the fog was still in along the California Central Coast. The trail runs right along the bluffs about 50' above the beach below. I was told that it was about 4 miles to where the trail comes up to a rock pile and ends. I started out running with Ginger and Debbie. The others planned on walking on this day, except for Bill, but he didn't start running right away, but rather walked with the others. Debbie set a real nice pace for us up to two miles where they decided to turn around. I wanted to do another mile out before I turned around so I continued on. I was running so comfortably, my knee wasn't hurting and I felt like I could run forever. This trail gies you options to take cutoffs along the way that get even closer to the edge of the bluffs and dip deeply into gullies and back up. I took everyone of them just because it was fun. I got to the bottom of a hill and my GPS said three miles, so I turned around and headed back. Not sure why I didn't continue on, I just had in my mind six miles. Later, I regretted not continuing on. About 1/2 mile after I turned around Bill came by going the other direction. He looked really good. He ended up going all the way to the end of the trail so ended up with and 8 mile run, albeit he did walk probably the first couple of miles. Soon I passed the rest of the group as they were still walking north as I ran south headed for the finish line. I got to the finish and decided to turn around and keep running back until I met up with Dani and Kim. So that's what I did, ran about 1/2 mile and met up with them and walked back to the finish with them. This run really makes me wish I lived at the coast all the time so I could enjoy these kind of runs more often. More on my running future in another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment